Protecting Your Entitlement To Accident Benefits

In order to protect your entitlement to Accident Benefits:

  • You must notify your insurance company immediately after the accident.
    • If you do not have an insurance company, notify the insurance company of the vehicle(s) involved in the accident.

  • You must complete an application for Accident Benefits, which will be sent to you by your insurer

    • This includes a form substantiating your income loss which must be completed by your employer and a form substantiating your injuries or disability certificate which must be completed by a treating physician. You can also find the forms online.

  • If you were self-employed, you must be able to substantiate your income and may require the assistance of an accountant.
  • You may be asked to provide a statement to a representative of the insurance company about the circumstances of the accident and the injuries you suffered as a result. At Hillier & Hillier, we will usually host and supervise such statements at our office, which is equipped with multiple boardrooms.
  • You may have to undergo examinations by medical professionals hired by the insurer to ensure timely payment of benefits.